Permaculture Design, Homestead Consulting
Build Electric Fence (to protect beehives)
Examples of What Will Be Explored?
For an Existing Residential Property
– create a beautiful, edible landscaping,
– manage excess rain (hold or remove)
– drought-proofing the landscape
– use of permaculture rain gardens,
– create balanced natural systems,
– use vertical landscaping techniques,
– increase soil fertility,
– eliminate some of the lawn,
– start a productive garden,
– reduce energy use,
– lower carbon footprint,
– possibly all of the above.
For a Larger Piece of Land
– Where to situate home and other buildings
– Where to place roads, swales, dams and ponds
– Design earth works options such as keylining
– Where to place orchards, pastures, gardens, etc.
– What livestock options would fit neatly into system.
– Identify income generating possibilities
– Restoring soil and fertility naturally
– Estimated costs to implement design
– implementation timetable
Our goal is to assist property owners in obtaining a vision for their land and then help with implementing a healthy, sustainable, and attractive design onto their property.